Please note, if guests can not travel due to Government imposed Covid travel restrictions or we can not host due to Covid restrictions then we are continuing to offer guests the options to reschedule or obtain a full refund.
As you will appreciate the situation is constantly moving. Please follow the regulations of your home area and those of Moray. If you are allowed to travel, here are our guidelines:
In an emergency:
Call NHS 24: 111
Dr Gray’s Hospital, Pluscarden Road, Elgin: Tel. 0345 456 6000
Please be aware that the Scottish Government guidelines may differ to your country of origin. Please check the latest guidelines before you arrive.
What we’re doing:
Each property always receives a thorough clean between each guest, but in addition to cleaning we will now also be sanitizing the property by:
- Disinfecting each room after cleaning by using a ULV Cold Fogging machine with Dew Disinfectant. We will be paying special attention to all high touch points such as door handles, bannisters, light switches and remotes. We will also be disinfecting all hard surfaces such as work surfaces, floors and window sills.
- There will be hand wash in the kitchen and bathrooms.
- There will be a new dish cloth and sponge supplied for every stay.
- Washing all kitchen crockery, utensils, pots, pans etc in a hot wash in the dishwasher (or hand wash in hot soapy water in the cabin and Fisherman’s Rest) between guests
- Temporarily reducing the number of items available in the kitchen, e.g. serving dishes & crockery, to ensure swift cleaning
- Temporarily removing items that can’t be easily sanitized, such as some soft furnishings eg rugs, throws, bedspreads, toys, games.
- Rotating some items, such as books between bookings to ensure there can be no cross infection.
Due to the additional cleaning procedures we will be unable to offer early check-in or late check-out.
Entry time 4.00pm. Exit time 10am.
What you can do to help:
- Please do NOT travel to your holiday destination if you have Coronavirus symptoms – high temperature, a new, continuous cough and a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste.
- If you develop symptoms during your stay you should stay indoors, self-isolate & arrange a test using your holiday address.
- Book a test online www.nhs.uk/coronavirus
- You are not able to isolate at our holiday property. If you must isolate and can travel home safely to isolate, avoiding the use of public transport, please do this.
- In the event that this is not possible, you should discuss this with the NHS Test and Protect team. You may be signposted to the National Assistance Helpline on 0800 111 4000 if you need help to isolate and cannot arrange it yourself or through friends and family.
- You MUST notify us as your accommodation provider.
- Please use the dishwasher where possible to ensure crockery gets a thorough clean at a high temperature.
- Please adhere to the latest current Scottish Guidelines about letting other people into the house.
On your departure:
- Please remove any leftover food and put it in the brown bin.
- Please strip all the beds that have been used, including the mattress and pillow protectors.
- Put all the dirty linen in a laundry bag (kept under the sink).
- Please put all used towels and bath mats into a black bin liner.
- On leaving please put some of the windows throughout the house on tilt to air it for the next guests.
We have introduced these additional measures for your safety and ours.
Please be mindful that whilst Duffus and the local area are keen to welcome back visitors, ensure you adhere to the social distancing measures at all times.
We hope you have a great stay at Duffus Estate!