Old Duffus Farmhouse, The Lodge, Kirktoun Cottage, Fisherman’s Rest, The Cabin
1. Bookings made though this online system are provisional until you receive a confirmation email from ourselves. Once a booking has been confirmed a contract has been entered into. Please ensure you take out appropriate travel insurance at the time of booking.
2. Tenants – the lead name (party leader) on the booking form is held responsible for the behaviour of the party and for the condition the property is left in at the end of the stay. No change in the identity of any member of any party booking a property may take place without prior written consent. The party leader must be over 18 years and the ages of any member of the party under the age of 18 must be accurately disclosed on the booking form. Where the property is booked on behalf of a third party then the third party shall be disclosed to the owners. Furthermore, the hirer takes full responsibilty of the actions of that third party and his or her guests. The hirer must ensure that the third party is aware of the terms and conditons of hire. Under no circumstances may more than the maximum number of people occupy each property (Old Duffus Farmhouse 8, The Lodge 3, Kirktoun Cottage 4, Fisherman’s Rest 2 and the Cabin by the Castle 2). The owners reserve the right to refuse admittance if this condition is not observed. Tenants must respect neighbours and not cause undue noise. The tenant is responsible for the property and is expected to take all reasonable care of it. All equipment, utensils etc must be cleaned and put away and the property must be left clean and tidy at the end of the rental period even if a ‘walk out clean’ has been booked. If a property is not left by tenants in the condition in which they found it, then extra cleaning will be arranged and charged to the tenant. All locks should be locked and windows closed when the property is left unattended and when vacated. Please ensure all rubbish is moved when you vacate.
3. Access – to allow time for cleaning, guests can arrive any time after 4pm on the day of arrival and must leave by 10am on the day of departure. The owners of the property must be allowed access to the holiday home at any reasonable time for essential maintenance. Wherever possible, reasonable notice will be given. It may be necessary to gain access without prior notice in an emergency situation.
4. Responsibilty and Liability – the use of the accommodation is entirely at the users’ risk and no responsibilty can be accepted for injury, or loss or damage to users’ belongings. Baggage and personal belongings are at the tenants’ risk at all times. Tenants must inform the owners of any breakages or damage caused to the property during their stay. All damages and breakages are the legal responsibilty of the hirer and their cost will be paid for by the tenant. We regret that we cannot take responsibility or liabilty for loss or damage to the client or any member of the party, their baggage, car or contents, resulting from riot, war, strikes, adverise weather conditions or sickness or injury or for the loss or damage by a third party. In the event that your holiday accommodation becomes unavailable due to reasons beyond our control all monies will be returned in full and we shall not be under any other liabilty.
5. Smoking – all properties are strictly no smoking. A penalty of £200 will be charged for smoking in the house.
6. Dogs – well behaved dogs are welcome in Old Duffus Farmhouse (2), The Lodge (2), Kirktoun Cottage (2) and The Cabin by the Castle (1) for a small charge to cover the additional cleaning. We kindly ask that they are not allowed in the bedrooms, that they are kept off all furniture, any dog mess in the garden is cleared up and they are not left in the properties unattended.
7. Linen – all bedlinen, towels, bath mats and teatowels are provided for the duration of your stay.
8. Complaints – if, upon arrival you feel there are reasonable grounds for complaint we must be contacted immediately so that, if possible, appropriate action can be taken during your stay. If a reason for complaint arises during your stay, you must similarly contact us as soon as the problem arises. No complaints will be considered after completion of your stay unless they were raised when they arose.
9. Payment terms – a deposit of 25% is payable upon booking. The balance payment is due 60 days prior to arrival. Please note, if your reservation is made wtih 60 days of your arrival date, full payment must be made on booking.
10. Cancellation – in the event that you need to cancel your holiday, you must notify us immediately in writing. The cancellation only takes place when the owners have received written confirmation by the holiday maker.
If you have to cancel due to Government imposed Covid travel restrictions or if we are unable to host due to Government imposed travel restrictions then we offer 100% refund on all monies paid.
Cancellation prior to 60 days before rental start date: we will refund the full price paid less an administration fee of 10%
Cancellation within 30 – 59 days before rental start date: we will refund the full price paid less an administration fee of 40%
Cancellation within 29 days of rental start date: regrettably no refund can be made unless the property is re-let. We will endevour to re-let the property and if successful we will refund the final letting price (which may be less that you originally paid) less an administration fee of 10%
If you have any further questions please contact us.